Empathetic Estate Planning With An Attorney You Trust
At the law firm of Robert W. Raley, our commitment to helping Louisiana families take control of their futures goes beyond our bankruptcy practice. We enable you to face the future with confidence through our comprehensive estate planning services. A detailed estate plan can provide you and your loved ones with peace of mind and stability by creating clear instructions for managing your assets, health care and dependents if you pass away or become incapacitated to due illness or injury.
Estate planning is not just for the wealthy or elderly. All adults – especially those with children of any age – should develop an estate plan that can take effect should uncertainty or tragedy strike. With over 43 years of legal experience, attorney Robert Raley is prepared to help you understand what estate planning tools may be right for you, and how you can ensure your interests and loved ones are protected if you become unable to care for them yourself.
Estate Planning: It’s For Everyone
Everyone has an interest in taking care of their health, wealth and family. That interest does not end if you become seriously ill, lose control of your faculties or die. Building an estate plan while you are of sound mind and health is therefore essential.
Estate plans do more than lay out who inherits how much money after your death. A complete estate plan may include:
- Instructions for what type of medical care you do, or do not, want to receive if you are injured or ill and unable to communicate.
- Legal designations of who should control your finances, medical care or dependent children if you are unable to make these decisions yourself.
- Plans for passing your family business or family farm to the next generation if you leave the business yourself.
- Provisions that ensure your children, or a friend or relative with special needs, are financially supported.
- Trusts that can ensure Medicaid or Medicare covers the cost of time you may spend in a nursing home, rather than your life’s savings.
- Wills and trusts that distribute your assets among your loved ones, friends or charitable organizations after your death.
Robert W. Raley - Bankruptcy Lawyer helps you navigate the estate planning process, and puts a full range of estate planning tools at your disposal, including:
- Advance medical directives and living wills
- Do not resuscitate orders
- Healthcare proxy designations
- Powers of attorney designations
By meeting directly with our team, you will understand what these tools do, and how they can be used to create a healthy, secure future for your family.
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late
Your estate plan should be in place long before you need it. To speak with a Bossier City-Shreveport estate planning attorney today, call Robert W. Raley - Bankruptcy Lawyer at 318-747-2230. You can schedule a free initial consultation by phone, or by completing our online form. We look forward to sitting down with you to discuss how we can help you build a strong and successful estate plan.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Code.