Why Consider Bankruptcy?
Creditors go to great lengths to make you afraid of bankruptcy. In addition to their constant harassment, they make it seem like filing for bankruptcy is an embarrassing personal failure.
This is not true. The days in which bankruptcies were published in newspapers are long gone. In fact, bankruptcy is the most powerful tool Louisiana families have for taking control of their debt, rebuilding their finances and reclaiming their futures. It can put an end to endless calls and threats from creditors, prevent repossession of your home, car or other property, and create a clear path towards financial freedom.
When an illness, injury, divorce or unexpected problem leaves you overwhelmed by bills and creditor calls, Robert W. Raley - Bankruptcy Lawyer can help you understand why bankruptcy might be right for you – and how it can help get your life back on track.
You Have Options For Debt Relief
Louisiana business and families have options when considering bankruptcy. Our team at Robert W. Raley - Bankruptcy Lawyer guides clients through the process of filing for:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: This is the most common form of consumer bankruptcy. Sometimes called “fresh start bankruptcy,” it allows you to discharge or eliminate much of your debt, while keeping all of your “exempt property” and usually most if not all of your remaining property.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: This is the other most common form of consumer bankruptcy. Also called a “bill consolidation bankruptcy,” it consolidates your debts – creating a plan for repaying some of them while discharging others. This plan prevents creditor harassment, and can prevent foreclosure on your home, repossession of your vehicle or other loss of your property.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy: This form of bankruptcy reorganizes a business’s debts, assets and structure, and creates a plan for repaying some debts while discharging others. Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows you to retain control of your business assets while following your plan of reorganization, and can help your business recover its viability.
Whether you have questions about a specific form of bankruptcy or are entirely unsure of where to start, we encourage you to schedule a free consultation with Robert W. Raley - Bankruptcy Lawyer. At our Bossier City office, our team will sit down with you to discuss:
- What type of bankruptcy could be appropriate for your situation
- How bankruptcy can prevent repossession of your home, car or other property
- How bankruptcy will affect your finances, assets and future responsibilities.
We Help Louisiana Find Solutions
When you or your business is facing extreme debt, we offer supportive, insightful solutions. To speak with a bankruptcy attorney with over 43 years of experience, contact Robert W. Raley - Bankruptcy Lawyer today by calling 318-747-2230 or completing our online form.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Code.